- "Citi," "ours" "our" "us" and "we" means Citibank, N.A. and its parent, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- "Personal Information" is any information that:
- Identifies or can be used to identify you or your household;
- Relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you or your household;
- Can be used to authenticate you or provide access to an account, services or a website; or
- Relates to you and that might be Sensitive Personal Information, as defined by the CPRA.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- NOTICE AT COLLECTION; SUMMARY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLING
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- AUTHORIZED AGENTS
- CONTACT INFORMATION
I. NOTICE AT COLLECTION; SUMMARY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLING PRACTICES
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect for Applicants||Purpose|
|Personal Identifiers – such as your full name, home address, personal phone numbers, and email address.||
|Professional, Employment, and Educational Information – such as information about your education, employment history, compensation history, resumes, curriculum vitae, cover letter, and professional licenses and certifications.||
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal Law, also considered Sensitive Personal Information – such as such as your, gender, race, ethnicity, disability status or sexual orientation or gender identity.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information related to your use of Citi's Career and other websites, including – such usage data, browsing history, search history, browser type, operating system name and version device type and information regarding your interaction with an internet website application.||
|Sensitive Personal Information – such as your gender, race, ethnicity, disability status or sexual orientation or gender identity.||
We do not have actual knowledge of any collection, use, sale, or sharing of Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age.
We do not sell or share, as those terms are defined by the CPRA, candidate/applicant Personal Information, nor have we sold or shared, as those terms are defined under the CPRA, candidate/applicant Personal Information in the past 12 months.
We may provide you with the option to limit or restrict the disclosure of certain of your Personal Information. We will honor those choices, where provided.
Additional Collection Personal Information: We may collect any other information you provide us in the context of your application for and/or employment or assignment with Citi in order to administer aspects of your application or employment or assignment or to comply with legal or compliance obligations or company policies.
Aggregated & De-Identified Data Note that we may collect, use, and share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified), except as prohibited by applicable laws.
Additional Uses: We may also use all of the Personal Information noted above as we believe necessary:
- To authenticate you so that you can access our websites and services.
- To recognize you, your device or your browser when you use the websites/services so that we can facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, store your preferences and otherwise personalize your experience and enhance the use of the websites/services.
- To manage our business, such as for data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, information security, ensuring that the websites/services function properly and otherwise administering and improving them, developing new products and services, identifying usage trends, and expanding our business activities.
- To review statistical information about use of the websites/services in order to improve their design and functionality, to understand how they are used, and to assist us with resolving questions about the websites/services.
- To fulfill our compliance or legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws.
- To provide the products or services requested, detect security incidents, and resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- To communicate with you and/or recruiters or employment/staffing agencies about your application process, including responding to your inquires and notifying you of your application status, all on the basis of our legitimate interest in the continuation of or processing your application for employment or assignment with us.
Sources of the Personal Information we collect:
We collect and obtain information from:
- You. We collect your information when you provide it to us directly offline or online. We may collect additional Personal Information in the course of your application process when you interview with us.
- Service Providers and Contractors. We work with vendors, service providers, and contractors who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. Our service providers who provide software as a service collect cookies and provide us with reporting which include the IP address, activity, and network, web browser used and in some cases, a device identifier so that we can understand how our Site is being used.
- Third Parties. We collect information about you from third parties, such as past employers, employment agencies, recruiters and references.
II. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose candidate/applicant Personal Information as described in this Addendum and as specified below to:
- Vendors and service providers, which are companies we use to support our business and who are bound by applicable laws and contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential. Service providers may use information we share with them only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. The categories of service providers that we share Personal Information with and the services they provide are:
- Recruitment vendors, that assist with the application process, including assessing candidate qualifications and providing the platform through which candidates submit their candidacy.
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services, and tax consultants.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- Recruiters and Employment / Staffing agencies, such as entities that assist with finding personnel or temporary staff members.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance; data and software storage; and network operation.
- Government and Regulatory Authorities.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Business Transfers. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Citi's assets or capital stock, in which Personal Information held by Citi about our candidates/applicants is among other assets transferred.
- Affiliates. To our affiliates, subject to the terms of this Addendum or otherwise as we disclose to you at the time the data is collected.
III. YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
The CPRA afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights in California:
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request us to correct inaccurate Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Right to Know and Access. You have the right to know and access the Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Data Portability. You have the right to receive the information under right (4) in a format, to the extent technically feasible, that is portable, usable, and allows you to transmit the Personal Information to a person without impediment, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to No Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your privacy rights.
We do not knowingly "sell" or "share" your Personal Information as such term is defined under the CPRA. We only use your Sensitive Personal Information for our permitted purposes, which include facilitating the application process and helping us understand the diversity of our applicant pool.
IV. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Visiting Citi Privacy Hub; or
- Calling us at 1-833-981-0270 (TTY:711)
In certain circumstances will need to verify your identity before honoring your privacy rights request. Subject to certain limitations, we will honor your privacy rights request within 45 calendar days of receipt of your request, unless we request an extension as permitted by the CPRA.
V. AUTHORIZED AGENTS
You may exercise your privacy rights described above through an authorized agent. If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us by either:
- Visiting Citi Privacy Hub; or
- Calling us at 1-833-981-0270 (TTY:711)
VI. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Addendum, the ways in which Citi collects and processes your Personal Information described in this Addendum, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under the CPRA, please visit Citi Privacy Hub or call us at 1-833-981-0270 (TTY:711).